First issue of Full Throttle is available
The May 2016 issue of Full Throttle is hitting the streets.
The May issue pays tribute to M.J. McBride, who passed away during the offseason. McBride was a fixture at Shawano Speedway for more than 40 years. The Speedway held a memorial race in McBride’s honor on April 16.
The feature story in the May issue recaps the special tribute held before the racing program. It also includes comments from some of McBride’s rivals on the track and Nick Anvelink, who won the race.
Also included in the May issues are columns the columns Verdegan’s Views by Joe Verdegan and Dettmann’s Diary by Nicholas Dettmann.
Other highlights from the May issue of Full Throttle:
- Mitch McGrath shares with readers why he is making the switch to racing an asphalt Super Late Model this year.
- Special races for both dirt and asphalt are previewed.
- IRA Sprint Car drivers and representatives share their thoughts on the 50th anniversary of the series.
- Brad Mueller shares his thoughts on vying for a dirt and asphalt championship in the same year.
- Joe Verdegan takes a look back at Tom Reffner’s racing career.
Full Throttle magazine is available at most race tracks in central and eastern Wisconsin, a variety of businesses where free magazines are available, or by subscription.
If you have problems finding a copy, email Bert Lehman at email@example.com.